In June, the Board of Regents approved the 2016-22 KCTCS strategic plan. As you recall, the research for this plan was conducted differently than ever before. We started last year by sending a survey to a wide variety of stakeholders and visiting all the colleges to gather input. When all was said and done, more than 4,000 community members, business leaders, students and employees participated.
Now, all of the input and suggestions have been narrowed down into our goals for the next six years. The 2016-22 KCTCS Strategic Plan goals are:
- Raise the level of educational attainment in the Commonwealth by positioning KCTCS as the accessible, affordable and relevant postsecondary education choice for Kentuckians.
- Increase the access and success for all KCTCS students, particularly among traditionally underserved populations.
- Develop clear pathways through all levels of postsecondary education with an emphasis on experiential learning that lead to successful employment outcomes for KCTCS graduates.
- Improve student engagement, support, experiences, and success with best-in-class academic and student services.
- Align programs and curricula with needs of employers that enhance the employability, job placement and career development of KCTCS graduates.
Our plan is aligned with several state agencies and associations, like the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board, the Kentucky Department of Education and CPE to ensure we’re all focused on a strategic vision for Kentucky.
Additionally, each college has a new strategic plan that is aligned with the systemwide plan. Their plans focus on local needs and will allow our colleges to have an immediate, as well as long-term, impact on their communities and local business needs.
Thanks again to all of you who participated in helping develop a plan for moving forward toward these new goals. My personal goal is to continue to make KCTCS a model for community colleges around the nation.